The Robert B. Zajonc Scholars Fund of the Research Center for Group Dynamics (RCGD) at the University of Michigan (U-M) was established by colleagues and friends of Bob Zajonc to honor his legacy and continue his work, by enabling early Ph.D. candidates to investigate social problems in innovative ways and by facilitating their development as productive scientists.
In making awards, special emphasis will be placed on supporting studies being conducted by early career graduate students. Priority will be given to 1st and 2nd year graduate students conducting research in the Robert B. Zajonc Experimental Labs located in the Institute for Social Research (ISR). Factors considered in evaluating applications will include scientific merit, innovation, and feasibility of the research plan. Possible uses of funds include, but are not limited to, the purchase of experimental research supplies, programmer costs, respondent payments, lab equipment rental fees, duplicating and communication costs.
- Applicant should be a currently enrolled U-M Graduate Student in good standing.
- Applicant must have an assigned U-M faculty advisor directly affiliated and appointed in RCGD.
- Research involving human subjects must have approval of the U-M Institutional Review Board (IRB); note funds will not be released until IRB approval is granted.
- Address a letter briefly describing proposed research study design and anticipated scientific results to the Director of RCGD
- Include your name and contact information
- Include proposed start and end date of proposed research study
- Include a detailed budget and budget justification (as a guideline, awards will typically be made between $500-$3,000 but will not exceed $5,000)
- Include a letter of support from an assigned RCGD affiliated faculty advisor
- Include copy of IRB approval form if human subjects are involved in the proposed research study
- Include your CV
Submit material to Professor Richard Gonzalez, RCGD Director at email@example.com.
Rolling application process. Please allow 2-3 weeks for application to be reviewed.
Direct questions to Debbie Bourque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Learn more about Bob Zajonc|